question

samgeorge123 avatar image
samgeorge123 asked

Is it possible to completely disable the "Charging" feature of a 15kVa Quattro

Hi,

I have a 15kVA Quattro. Now, I understand the Quattro is an Inverter / Charger. However, I would like to know if I can completely disable the charging feature, as I have an external charger, charging my batteries. I would like the Quattro's to "Invert" only. I am also using the ESS Assistant to feed-in to the GRID to complete the cycle. I unchecked the "Enable charger" option in the VE Configure too (See picture). It may have had an effect, but I still see the "Bulk" LED On when running the Quattro with ESS (See video)

Your browser does not support HTML5 video.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerESS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Disabling the charger in VEConfigure does as you would expect.

The nature of ESS though means there may be some power that flows through, not any significant amount, but enough to illuminate the bulk charge light.

Nothing to worry about, I believe your system will behave as you expect.

Given you have ESS, you must also have a Venus-device. You should monitor that to see how much charge current, if any is flowing.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

samgeorge123 avatar image
samgeorge123 answered ·

Hi Guy,

I do not have a Venus. Have a Color Control GX instead. Couple of questions

1. I have a 3 phase connection (using one Quattro on each phase). See picture below from the VRM portal, showing power that is being consumed from AC, although I wouldn't want any. I just want the power to flow in to GRID and not from it. The Quattro on L1 is the Master. It is interesting to see, almost "no power" is comsumed on L2 and L3. Is there any reason to believe this power on L1 is being used to charge the batteries. Given the "Bulk" LED is ON, I suspected it was?

2. Can I operate the Quattro's in CV mode?

I want to operate my external charger in CI mode until a certain Voltage Threshold. I would like to know if I can operate the Quattro holding the batteries at a certain voltage just below the threshold stated above, so I am constantly charging?

1543831142692.png (49.8 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Hi Sam,

Please try and keep it to 1 question per post.

The title of this question is "Is it possible to completely disable the "Charging" feature of a 15kVa Quattro"

If you ask and someone answers other questions that are different to this, other people will not be able to find the answers later.

Please Create a new seperate question for each so we can keep everything organised.

0 Likes 0 ·