question

ukxan avatar image
ukxan asked

Can I put 2 strings of 7 panels each on multi RS 48/6000?

I have 14x 410w (canadian solar 410ms )panels,specs attached.

Each panel voc is 37 v so if I put in 2 series of 7 panels each = 259 v at lowest temp,I presume its not going to overload the MPPT.

The total PV (14x410w) is 5,740 w but the max the RS can support as per specs sheet is 4000,hence my query.

Please advise and many thanks in advance for your help.

Canadian-Solar_395-420W.pdf

Datasheet-Multi-RS-Solar.pdf

Multi RS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
sharpener avatar image
sharpener answered ·

It seems you can do it but you are very close to the abs max current limit, the manual https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Multi_RS_Solar/en/installation.html is full of warnings including this:

Connecting PV arrays with a higher short circuit current is possible, up to an absolute maximum of 30A, as long as connected with correct polarity. This outside of specification potential allows for system designers to connect larger arrays, and can be useful to understand in case a certain panel configuration results in a short circuit current just slightly above the maximum of the reverse polarity protection circuit.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.