question

jojogomez avatar image
jojogomez asked

EV Charger Mode auto / Lowest PV

Hello,

I think about to change my current Wallbox (Pulsar plus with seperate AC Sensor) for detect excess PV to a Victron Wallbox. Case is that the Pulsar erliest starts if excess is more than 2 A in 1 Phase, and 6 A in 3 Phase funktion. The area of the unusable excess until the wallbox starts is very large.

So now my question in case that I found noting in the technical details of the victron box. Does the Victron Wallbox starts charing from the 1 watt excess in Auto mode after the Battery is full?

Regards Thomas

ev charging station
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
mikenr avatar image
mikenr answered ·

I installed one 2 days ago - correct the min charge is 6A, as you say that is a standard minimum for EVs. The Victron EV charging station can be configured to charge the car until the battery reaches a SOC (State Of Charge) that you configure, I hope that helps :)

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jojogomez avatar image
jojogomez answered ·

Hello,

nobody in the Community from the experte site who can give me an answer ?

Regards Thomas

2 |3000

assyntdavid avatar image
assyntdavid answered ·

Reading in other areas of this forum, elsewhere, and talking to my friend who has recently installed an EV charger, there seems to be a minimum charging current of 5 or 6A (circa 1.5kW) and this seems to be a requirement of the car, not a limitation of the charger. Have you read the installation manual (downlaodable). I am about to choose an EV charger and currently only have 1.5kW of PV! My researches led me to the conclusion that i could not ever have surplus PV with my system, at least not to charge a car, albeit very slowly. Hope this of some help.

David

2 |3000