question

paulb avatar image
paulb asked

Ev charging do not charge charged - volkswagen id3

Dear All,

We have a Volkswagen ID3 and we installed a Victron Ev charging station on a single phase installation with any solar equipment.

We configure everything following the tutorial (update, wifi, etc..) but when we connect the cable between the car and the Ev charging station, but Victron Ev charging station indicate "charged" and do not charge anything event if the car have 5% of battery.

We have the last version 1.24.

We try the calibrate button with the App (Victron Connect) and Wifi but it does not change anything.

Some one knows how to solde this issue ?

Is there a possibility to have log to know what are the issue in the connexion between the station and the car ?

Thank you

SN: HQ2231WJQTC

whatsapp-image-2023-02-19-at-205342.jpeg

ev charging station
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

12 Answers
paulb avatar image
paulb answered ·

The problem was solve after a calibration with the following process

v1.24/4.3

0/ Put the config in manual with the following settingscreenshot-2023-03-18-at-191725.png

1/ Plug the car

2/ Plug into EV charging

3/ Click on calibrate on the browser (i should take some seconds )

4/ Then Click on start

5/ The relay should make a noise.

If it do not work. try to calibrate again (as it was on my side the issue).

Thank you for the support of @Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff)

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

I can have a look at it, is it connected now to the vehicle?

1 comment
2 |3000

paulb avatar image paulb commented ·
Yes. It is connected.
0 Likes 0 ·
paulb avatar image
paulb answered ·

Hi @Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ,

Not anymore. I try sunday during all the day.
Can I inform you when I will try again?

Thank you

3 comments
2 |3000

Yes please
0 Likes 0 ·
paulb avatar image paulb Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·
I connect the car for the week-end. Let me know if you want me to make some test. Thank you
0 Likes 0 ·
paulb avatar image paulb paulb commented ·

May be, do you. know if there is a way. to have log on the connexion ?Be as installer it is very. complexe to debug..Thank you

0 Likes 0 ·
paulb avatar image
paulb answered ·

Hi @Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ,

I connect the car actually and the error is the same.

Can I try something ?

Thank you

screenshot-2023-02-25-at-171728.png

2 |3000

paulb avatar image
paulb answered ·

Please find the parameters chosen.

screenshot-2023-02-25-at-172026.png

2 |3000

n-dee avatar image
n-dee answered ·

Hi,

Does it start when you set it to 11A (min) charging current?

2 |3000

paulb avatar image
paulb answered ·

I tried again with 11. But it did not change. I try also with 16 and 20 Amp.

But after starting mode, it goes to charged.

2 |3000

paulb avatar image
paulb answered ·

Please find the vcsf config.

EV_Charging_StationEVCS_32A.vcsf.zip

4 comments
2 |3000

Hi, do you hear the contactor inside the charging station closing when start charging?
0 Likes 0 ·
No
0 Likes 0 ·
paulb avatar image paulb paulb commented ·
Nothing enable or contact.
0 Likes 0 ·
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ paulb commented ·
can I have a look at the system?
0 Likes 0 ·
mikenr avatar image
mikenr answered ·

I have had exactly the same problem that only started after doing a CP calibration while trying to ge the 'Auto' setting to work on the charger (Always says Low SOC - I am 100% off grid) since doing the CP calibration often I have to unplug and plug in the car several times to get the charger to start - in Manual mode - Auto still doesn't work :-( After paying 1600 euros for a charging station from a very well respected company and am more than a little disappointed that it doesn't work as 'advertised' . . .

8 comments
2 |3000

Hi, can I have a look at this installation?
0 Likes 0 ·
mikenr avatar image mikenr Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Of course - how should I show you? Does the attached backup from the EVCS work?EVCS settings.zip

0 Likes 0 ·
evcs-settings.zip (2.4 KiB)
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ mikenr commented ·
Email me with the VRM portal ID please – lpopescu@victronenengy.com
0 Likes 0 ·

Hi All,

Do you. reach to solve the issue ?

Thank you

0 Likes 0 ·
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ paulb commented ·
Hi Paul, if the problem is still unsolved, please email me the VRM portal ID of your system, so I can have a look.
0 Likes 0 ·

Hi Lucian,

We did not have Cerbo on the system. Juste the EV charging.
Could you see log of the EV charging (SN: HQ2231WJQTC) ?

Do you think developper team could add a function to get log to see or extract them ?

Thank you

0 Likes 0 ·

@PaulB Do you have a computer with TeamViewer ?

0 Likes 0 ·
Yes. I can. I send you an email.
0 Likes 0 ·
matthias-roetzer avatar image
matthias-roetzer answered ·

Hi, I'm having very similar issue with VW eUP!.

The EV charger starts charging and charges for some time and then suddenly stopps charging and tells "charged" although car is not fully charged. Changing settings betewen Modes Auto and Manual and pressing the "start" button doesn't help at all. When I unplug the car and plug the car it starts charging again but after a while this happens again. I've tried to play with the settings, but ye no success. The hint with the CP calibration I'll try next time when this occurs and will report here.

With another car "Tesla Model 3" it is charging fine at the same EV charger.

Best regards,

Matthias

1 comment
2 |3000

Yes, try to calibrate it when the eUp is connected
0 Likes 0 ·
zw01 avatar image
zw01 answered ·

Hello, I’m having similar problems with the EV Charging Station.

We have a Dacia Spring (single phase). In addition to the Charging Station we have a Cerbo, EM24 energy meter, 3x Multiplus II, 4x MPPT and solar panels. It is an on-grid situation: excess solar power is fed back to the grid. The house battery is on standby, but not yet used.

In Manual mode, charging of the car usually goes well, but sometimes charging stops and the charger indicates that the car is 'Charged' when it is not. To restart charging the cable must be reconnected.

In Auto mode charging works fine as long as there is sufficient (solar) power available. If this is not the case, charging stops and will not resume when sufficient solarpower is available again. The charger indicates that the car is 'Charged' and the only way to resume charging is to reconnect the car to the charger. Thus, it is not possible to set the charger to Auto in the evening (when it is dark) so that the battery will be charged as soon as there is sufficient solar power in the morning. Charging will not start then.

In Scheduled mode, nothing happens at all. The car's battery is not charged and the charger says the car is 'Charged'.

I have tried all kinds of settings and calibrated several times, but without the desired result. When the car "sleeps" the only option is to reconnect the car to the charger.

5 comments
2 |3000

Hi, have you tried calibrating the unit

If it says “charged", most probably the communication line is not calibrated, please follow the procedure described in the manual.
0 Likes 0 ·
zw01 avatar image zw01 Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Hello Lucian,

Thank you very much for your response.

Yes, I have performed the calibration several times, both when the car is connected but not charging, and when the car is charging. But that has no effect.

For completeness: the charger has the latest version 1.25

0 Likes 0 ·
Can I connect to this system, and also can you simulate this behavior ?
0 Likes 0 ·
zw01 avatar image zw01 Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Yes, no problem. I will send you an invitation to the VRM portal.

0 Likes 0 ·
zw01 avatar image zw01 zw01 commented ·

Hello Lucian,

I sent you an email. Did you receive it?

0 Likes 0 ·
peregrines avatar image
peregrines answered ·

My EVCS is also not charging. Tried Calibrating several times but no success!

The EVCS does not recognise if my cars are plugged in at all!
I also dont even get a relais-clicking noise.
:( :( :(

Lucian Popescu do you have an idea what could be causing this?
I checked all the postings and hints. Checked cabeling and did muliple CP Calibrations.
Thank You!

3 comments
2 |3000

Hi, can I take a look at this unit remotely?
0 Likes 0 ·
peregrines avatar image peregrines Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Thank You !

How can I invite you?
Or do you want to check with Teamviewer?

0 Likes 0 ·
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ peregrines commented ·
Email me the TeamViewer details please. I can take a look in 10 min.
0 Likes 0 ·