question

Fraser Stewart avatar image
Fraser Stewart asked

how to install custom package DS18B20

I hope someone feels like giving me some help.

I have attached a DS18B20 temperature sensor to my GPIO pin 4. does anyone have a good guide on how to get temperature to show in Venus. I have

Have been through several posts where people are struggling to get a DS18B20 sensor to display with Venus Os as a device. But without the level of knowledge of command line I have got stuck and run out of daylight on several occasions.

I also read that this is available in the package manager but needs to be installed as a custom package. How do you install a custom package?

https://github.com/Rikkert-RS/VenusOS-TemperatureService

"

No Settings needed for 1 Wire (e.g. DS18B20) all you need is to install SetupHelper and configure a custom Package.

• Package name: VenusOS-TemperatureService
  • GitHub user: Rikkert-RS
  • GitHub Tag: latest

Enabled Features in this Setup:

• Raspberry Pi CPU temperature
  • 1-Wire Support (Temperatures) Data Port GPIO 4 on RPi

Can be activated but not tested (in dbus-i2c.py)

• i2c Sensors
  • ADC Sensors

"

Is there anyone who can explain what you need to do to get this working or send a link to a guide that most people could follow

Temperature Sensor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
mange avatar image
mange answered ·

skärmdump-20230512-100000.png

menar du det här? It's gpio 26 now

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Victron temperature sensor disambiguation table - which product supports which sensor