question

the-doon avatar image
the-doon asked

Best way to connect a second 250/70 SmartSolar to an EasySolar-II

Hi all,

I’m increasing my solar array for my off-grid setup and am looking for the best way to connect the new SmartSolar 250/70 Tr VE.Can I purchased. My Dyness batteries are connected to the EasySolar-II via Can-Bus and the existing 250/70 inside the unit is under “external control”. I’m not sure what communication method to use to connect the new 250/70, VE.Direct, VE.Can or maybe a Bluetooth network? I noticed that there is a small red wire going to the “H” terminal of existing 250/70 inside the EasySolar-II, do I need to install a piece of cable across to the new 250/70 as well? Any help would be appreciated.

EasySolar All-in-Onesmart solar set-up help
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@The Doon

No to the Bluetooth network as you have a GX.

You can add an MPPT via the ve direct to ve direct cable. Don't worry about the remote connection.

Since the dyness is not an official supoorted battery i dont know how it will be have if you can connect.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

the-doon avatar image the-doon commented ·
Thanks Alexandra. I bought a ve direct cable, hoping to have something hooked up tomorrow to do some testing.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

EasySolar 1600 product page

EasySolar-II GX 3000 & 5000 product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic