question

Matthew Walsh avatar image
Matthew Walsh asked

Quattro, Delta, AC Current Troubleshoot

Hi,

I need help with a system that is behaving differently from another site with the same setup.

The system is as follows:

1 x Victron Quattro 48/10000/140-2x100 Product ID 2653 Firmware Version 459

2 x Delta H5A Flex ac coupled on the output of the Victron Quattro

10000watt PV attached to the Delta H5A flex.

1 x Victron Venus GX Firmware version 2.23

1 x AC Current Sensor connected to Aux 2 on the Victron Quattro with current dip switches.

I have loaded the ESS assistant and chosen Optimized with Batterylife, I have selected Feed-in excess solarcharger power and set minimum discharge SOC as 70% as they are AGM batteries.

The issue I am having is that solar is capped out at 141w the whole day but at the other site with the exact same hardware and settings, during the day the PV is meeting the AC loads, charging the batteries and happily pushing their excess solar but into the gird.

I have tried the AC Current sensor from this site on the other site and it works perfectly, and when I tried the AC current sensor from the other site on this site it produced the same behaviour us above,

Anybody was additional thoughts and / or ideas?

ESSVenus GX - VGXAC PV Coupling
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

To me its sounds like the delta is the issue. so check its settings in the unit.

How is this controlled by freq shift, if it is then the victron has no control over its output normally and it can only change its hz rate if the grid is disconnected.

this is the only way its controlled, so maybe swap the Delts over and see if the problem changes location

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.