question

shadowblues avatar image
shadowblues asked

Battery only discharges to 32% - but why?

Hi,

I have a Victron MP2 setup with attached DIY battery (16S, 280Ah). In the ESS assistant, I have set the low values to stop discharging to 46V when discharging slowly and to 45V when discharging above 0.1C. I have not set any value to 47V - at least not any I remember :-)

The BMS is configured to even lower numbers (44.5V).

However, the battery stops discharging in Mode 1 without battery life setting at 32%, 47V. I wonder why it does that and what I have to change to drain it to lower values.

Best regards,

Roger

Multiplus-IILithium Batterydischarge level
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Meine_Energiewende avatar image
Meine_Energiewende answered ·

That are very low values for a 16s pack. Are you sure, that the system will go that low ? The remaining energy of a lifepo4 cell under 3 volts is maybe 2-4 percent and not worth damaging the cell.

Jens

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

shadowblues avatar image shadowblues commented ·

Hi Jens, thank you for pointing me on that. I took the usable range from other postings. I just looked up the charge / discharge curve and I think you are right. However, I would find it better if the system would obey to my demands :-) So I will assume that 47V is a hardcoded low value then? The odd thing is that the ranges suggested by the ESS wizard are below this value. I will try to change the settings in my BMS so that it reflects the actual values.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

MultiPlus-II Product page 

MultiPlus-II Manual

MultiPlus-II 230V Datasheet 

VE.Bus Error codes

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Battery Compatibility

Did You Know - How to create a battery profile for non-Victron batteries?

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic