question

peter35 avatar image
peter35 asked

EV Charging station - waiting for sun #207

hello, i read all threads here and added gx device and modbus corect. i can see the ev charger in my cerbo, i can charge the car manual mode. in auto mode it allwys says waiting for sun no matter how much sun, today 15000+ watt and still waiting for sun...

please help

ev charging station
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

12 Answers
peter35 avatar image
peter35 answered ·

i added your email to my victron, can you please help me?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi, yes! I was looking at the reports on your system and I don't see any feed-in. That's why the charging station is not starting to charge in Automatic mode. 1675750693878.png

1675750906381.png

But if for your system, feeding back into the grid is not allowed, I have a good news, we are working on an algorithm for situations like this or for off grid.

Lucian.

0 Likes 0 ·
1675750693878.png (121.9 KiB)
1675750906381.png (1003.5 KiB)
peter35 avatar image
peter35 answered ·

hm thats not quit like that, you are right i am not allowed to feed in right now, but since i had other problems without feeding in, we opened it and limitid it to 200 watts!

1 comment
2 |3000

Increase it to 2000W and it should be work
1 Like 1 ·
peter35 avatar image
peter35 answered ·

yes that worked, thanks.

Are you planing to make an seperate app for IOS/Android fo the EV Charging station some day?

1 comment
2 |3000

Glad to hear that!

What do you mean by that? What separate app?
1 Like 1 ·
fredy avatar image
fredy answered ·

Same here. Can charge only by manuel mode. In Autmatic mode the charger say waiting for sun. When my 51kw housbattery is full, the mppt going down and dont load to the car. Calibraitong os also done (many times). Habe also the newest Firmware 1.24.

Please help.

12 comments
2 |3000

Is your system feeding back into the grid the excess power?
0 Likes 0 ·
fredy avatar image fredy Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Hallo Lucian

bis heute nicht. Allerdings habe ich heute Nachmittag die maximale Ladeeinspeisung von 0 auf 5000 Watt eingestellt. Die Batterie ist jetzt bei 92%. Ich hoffe, dass das Auto bei 100% lädt und nicht ins Netz einspeist. Ideal wäre es, wenn mit dem nächsten Update das Ladelimit der Hausbatterie eingestellt werden könnte.

fredy

0 Likes 0 ·
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ fredy commented ·

At the moment, Automatic mode is working with the energy that should be exported back into the grid. So if export is disabled, the EV charger is not going to start charging.
We are working on a new algorithm for Automatic mode that is not feed-in related.

2 Likes 2 ·
hpicon avatar image hpicon Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·
Hello, Very interesting in your new algorithm, as I'm off grid, and automatic mode would really be great. Manual works but not as usefull as automatic could be, thank for your work...
0 Likes 0 ·
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ hpicon commented ·
FW 1.25 should be released next week, it contains the new algorithm.
0 Likes 0 ·
michael-krueger avatar image michael-krueger Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

still "waiting for the sun" even if the input is 4 kw the automatic operation will not start :( SOC etc set... it's such a problem to modify the firmware so that the automatic charging starts according to the SOC or according to the battery voltage, regardless of whether the sun is shining or not ?

0 Likes 0 ·
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ michael-krueger commented ·
As I told you in the other post, please share a video
0 Likes 0 ·
fredy avatar image fredy fredy commented ·

Hi Lucian

not until today. However, this afternoon I set the maximum charging feed from 0 to 5000 watts. the battery is now at 92% i hope that when it is at 100% the car is charging and not feeding into the grid. It would be ideal if the charging limit of the house battery could be set with the next update.

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi Lucian

I have invited you as a user for my Victron system. Can you check if I've set everything correctly?

0 Likes 0 ·
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ fredy commented ·
Looks ok, can you enable feed-in to test if it will start charging?
0 Likes 0 ·

It would be nice if the system would work automatically. I really don't know what else to set. I bought the "blue" charger especially for this automatic application. What I wanted to mention, my wife didn't like the blue device at all and we had to have it wrapped in white foil. i like the blue devices in the basement, but on the white facade the blue is a matter of taste. It would be great if the case color were a little more neutral. This would certainly increase sales slightly

1 Like 1 ·

Hi Lucian

thanks, for controlling when the battery was on 100% the mppt throttled down. I had to switch the EV Charger to manual because unfortunately it didn't work. now the car is charging.

0 Likes 0 ·
mcwidowmaker avatar image
mcwidowmaker answered ·

Do you have an off grid algorithm yet?

If not, is it possible to just add something that once the house battery reaches XX%, start the EV charger and once the battery reaches YY% stop the charger. Even though it won't be perfect, at least the charger will be usable in automatic mode.

1 comment
2 |3000

Yes, please update to 1.25

1681297331964.png

1 Like 1 ·
1681297331964.png (63.1 KiB)
peter35 avatar image
peter35 answered ·

you are doing a great job dev team, nice features

1 comment
2 |3000

Thanks Peter!
0 Likes 0 ·
thomas73 avatar image
thomas73 answered ·

Hello guys,

Where I can download new fw for Ev charging station, I meet the same problem with "waiting sun" in automatic mode...

Have a nice day

Thomas

1 comment
2 |3000

Please provide more info, what version are you running now? What are the issues?
0 Likes 0 ·
Harold Halewijn avatar image
Harold Halewijn answered ·

@Lucian, what is the threshold when the charger starts charging in automatic mode? is it when there is surplus of energy at the grid connection point? and how does it determine that a minimum load of 6Ax230Vx3 (4140 Watts) is needed to actually start the onboard charger of the vehicle itself?

greetings, Harold

2 |3000

Matthias Voß avatar image
Matthias Voß answered ·

Hallo in die Runde! Ich habe schon länger das gleiche Problem. Manuell geht die Ladung des Ev aber nicht automatisch obwohl die Sonne scheint und mehr als 8kW bereitstehen und der Akku einen SOC von 92% hat (bei mir so als Maximum eingestellt im BMS). Er hatte schon einmal im automatischen Modus geladen ( von der PV und zusätzlich bis SOC 80% aus dem Akku dann wieder Akku bis auf SOC 98% geladen und dann wieder bis auf 80% runter. Es ist auch schon passiert, das er gegen 19:30 und bewölktem Himmel einfach angefangen hatte automatisch zu laden. Ich habe derzeit noch keine Möglichkeit in das Netz einzuspeisen, da der Zähler noch nicht getauscht wurde. Woher weis denn der EV-Charger, das genug Energie (> 6kW) vorhanden ist? Derzeit startet die automatische Ladung nie mehr. Ich habe SW1.26 C025 geladen. Jetzt gibt es wieder für den MP II und Cerbo neue SW. hat das damit etwas zu tun?

Hello to the group! I've had the same problem for a long time. Manually, however, the charge of the Ev does not go automatically even though the sun is shining and more than 8kW are ready and the battery has a SOC of 92% (for me set as a maximum in the BMS). He had already charged once in automatic mode (from the PV and additionally to SOC 80% from the battery then charged again up to SOC 98% and then again down to 80%. It has already happened that he had simply started to charge automatically around 19:30 and cloudy sky. I currently have no possibility to feed into the network, as the metre has not yet been replaced. How does the EV charger know that has enough energy (> 6kW)? Currently, the automatic charging never starts again. I have loaded SW1.26 C025. Now there is again a new SW for the MP II and Cerbo. Does that have anything to do with it?

2 |3000

Matthias Voß avatar image
Matthias Voß answered ·

img-3173.pngImage Caption
img-3175.png
img-3174.jpeg

img-3177.jpeg

img-3173.png (792.1 KiB)
img-3175.png (1.2 MiB)
img-3174.jpeg (1.6 MiB)
img-3177.jpeg (266.8 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Please share a video capture from the main webpage of the EVCS while this is happening.

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi Mathias,

thanks for your reply. I don not have any problems with auto charging, it does work but I was just curious when it would start to load. I'm developing some scripts in Nodered to automatically switch between auto and manual. Ans when running in manual, I also want to change the Amps so it stays within margins and does not draw the battery. I'm running the Dynamic ESS software since a few months and I'm trying to balance the whole system based on dynamic prices.

Have you checked the settings in the charger itself? There are two settings that determine when to stop and start.

Harold

3 comments
2 |3000

Matthias Voß avatar image Matthias Voß commented ·

hallo herold,

yes I have checked them.

Start charging at backup battery SoC(%): 90%

Stop charging at backup battery SoC, if Off Grid(%): 25%

I don't have no knowledge of node red, but it will be very interisting.

Matthias

0 Likes 0 ·
Harold Halewijn avatar image Harold Halewijn Matthias Voß commented ·

Did you also checked this setting?img-0107.jpeg

0 Likes 0 ·
img-0107.jpeg (433.7 KiB)
Matthias Voß avatar image Matthias Voß Harold Halewijn commented ·
hi herold, yes I have the same settings.

Thank you

0 Likes 0 ·

BTW, I'm running v1.25 but will upgrade right now. Let's see if that does bring some new things.

1 comment
2 |3000

Harold Halewijn avatar image Harold Halewijn commented ·
There is no noticable difference between the 2 version, related to this problem.
0 Likes 0 ·