question

phillip mobley avatar image
phillip mobley asked

How to connect the temperature sensor

Hello all,

I have the branded temperature sensor from victron. I am currently figuring out how to connect it to my battery bank. I currently have 4 batteries in series. I have the victron 702 monitor.

Now, in the manual, I see that I am support to replace the two probes with the temperature sensor. I do that and place the temperature sensor on the most positive terminal. When I do this, I lose my voltage calculation and the midpoint and I do not get a temperature sensor reading.

So I am coming to hte community here. What is the best way to connect the temperature sensor to a bank of 4 batteries?

victron productsTemperature Sensor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @phillip mobley

It's either measuring a second battery voltage, midpoint voltage or temperature for the auxiliary input of the BMV-702. Please check section 3.6.3. Auxiliary connection for temperature monitoring in the BMV-702 manual.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

pwfarnell avatar image
pwfarnell answered ·

Make sure you have the correct sensor, the one for the battery monitor is model number ASS000100000 (5 zeros at the end).

The other type, model number ASS000010000 (4 zeros at the end) will not work with battery monitors.

See https://www.victronenergy.com/live/temperature_sensors

2 |3000

Related Resources

Victron temperature sensor disambiguation table - which product supports which sensor

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic