question

andy156 avatar image
andy156 asked

APS: Document states SolarEdge back end needs changing. SolarEdge state it doesn't.

Hi, I've set up my new Quattro as per the instructions in this document and in normal use it's all working fine. However there is a line in section 3 that states

"Note: In addition to the settings above it is important to contact SolarEdge Support to change a parameter in the backend to allow the frequency shifting with APS mode."

Having contacted SolarEdge they seem to think everything is set up fine on the machine and there is nothing to do from their backend. Does anyone know what that might be referring to please? I will often be running with a full battery and a lot of export so don't want to damage anything if there is a power cut in the summer.

Thanks

Andy

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargersolaredge
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
andy156 avatar image
andy156 answered ·

Well, I sat with the kit approaching 100% battery SOC and the Victron went to 51.2 volts and the SolarEdge did not respond at all. The country code has changed to DG so it should be responding.

I have engaged with support and they are opening a case. Is there anyone who has had the 'backend' setting changed who knows what it might be called so I can direct them to the right place please?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.