question

martin-modr avatar image
martin-modr asked

MultiPlus II in box

Hi,

my friend has a PV plant in operation with a Victron Energy system.

Three MultiPlus II 3000/48 inverters are installed, the connection is according to the picture.

Everything is in a closed metal box. Including 2x MPPT 150/100. Battery box 10 kWh is below.

Is this implementation ok?

Thanks.

victron.jpg

Multiplus-IIMPPT Controllers
victron.jpg (92.8 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@Martin Modr

It is going to get hot and derate.

Maybe add some forced ventilation.

0 Likes 0 ·
4 Answers
nesswill avatar image
nesswill answered ·

I agree with Alexandra...

A fan as low as possible (say bottom right drawing in cool air) and another fan in the top left (taking the hot air out) forcing airflow around and over the units, this would help to keep them as cool as possible.

Dave.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·

It's worse that the inverters are mounted sideways.

2 |3000

Rob Duthie avatar image
Rob Duthie answered ·

Very poor layout for inverters and the amount of power, should only be for 1x inverter in a vertical layout.!!!

Warranty could be void if i was a installer

2 |3000

marekp avatar image
marekp answered ·

@Martin Modr

NO, it is not OK.

screen-shot-2023-01-31-at-121209-am.png

2 |3000