question

rogerball0 avatar image
rogerball0 asked

Can someone recommend a technician/installer in hampshire/dorset south region UK

Losing the will to live with my inverter charger, I solved the AC disconnected issue, turns out it was a dodgy hook up panel on the site i'm on. However now my Multiplus is stuck in bulk/absorption mode with no float despite settings, this happened after updating to latest firmware v.500.

It seems I solve one problem gets and another pops up, really not impressed with Victron and the complete lack of technicians/installers. On the UK map its a bloke in Devon (South Western coast and a company in Fareham across the whole south of the UK!

I live in Bournemouth and theres nothing literally 40 to 50 miles on any point of the compass.

Given the ubiquity of victron products on the net i expected like Truma, Dometic, Webasto etc i'd put in my post code and find half a dozen tech's within 20 to 30 miles of where i live not one at either end of the coast of my country!

Theres an embarassing lack of support in the UK looking at the map on Victrons site given you cant not see victron products when you type the word 'van' into google......................................

Cheers

Roger

installation
5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Jason - UK avatar image Jason - UK commented ·
@rogerball0 I know of several in Hampshire but unfortunately none that travel to Bournemouth. Im near Waterlooville so no help either but happy see if i can help out, even by video call.
0 Likes 0 ·
chrisd avatar image chrisd Jason - UK commented ·
Hi Jason. I'm in need of some set up help from a professional in Portsmouth. Who would you recommend. We have a Multiplus 48/5000, Cerbo GX and pylontech batteries. Cheers in advance.
0 Likes 0 ·
daniel-feist avatar image daniel-feist chrisd commented ·

Knight Marine and SA Energy are both in the area and have Victron experience. I personally haven't had luck with either, but maybe because I'm further away and/or they have been busy.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jason - UK avatar image Jason - UK Jason - UK commented ·
@ChrisD What level of help do you need? I don't generally do installation but I can help with the design and commissioning?

Make sure to @ someone if you want some one in particular to reply to your post.
0 Likes 0 ·
chrisd avatar image chrisd Jason - UK commented ·
Have been trying to get head round the whole commissioning thing and installing the ESS through connect and assistant.. Have been quite worried about entering the wrong settings after reading quite a few installation issues... Was kind of hoping for a victron fitter to check it over and give it a clean bill of health.

This afternoon I managed to escape work and with a qualified electrician friend who has overseen the build, we read and followed all we could find and fingers crossed, we hit go and the system leapt into life.... so fingers crossed, but mostly would be nice for a qualified or experienced enthusiast to check our handy work.

1 Like 1 ·
3 Answers
sharpener avatar image
sharpener answered ·

@Dave if you go over to this site and post what you are looking for in more detail you may have more success.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rogerball0 avatar image
rogerball0 answered ·

Cheers for the reply Jason. if I cant find anyone local I'll give you a shout.

2 |3000

Dave avatar image
Dave answered ·

Hey @Jason - UK - do you know of anyone in Berkshire?

I have a multiplus 2 48/5000 & ESS waiting to be installed and struggling to find anyone.

Even someone in Hampshire who's closest to Reading?

Cheers

1 comment
2 |3000

daniel-feist avatar image daniel-feist commented ·

I'm close to Reading and have 3 x Multiplus in the garage and batteries on the way. I was planning to self-install with help of an electrician without Victron experience. Not sure how DM works on here, but would be good to compare notes.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic