question

projectwaterlily avatar image
projectwaterlily asked

Wire up boat electrics with two alternators using ArgoFet?

Hi All

I'm in the process of sorting wiring of my narrowboat. I've just added solar so would like it to be able to charge my leisure batteries (currently connected) and also my starter and bow thruster battery and this is where im getting a little confused. I have a leisure and a starter alternator which complicates things! I was thinking about using an ArgoFet to assist? does this look possible?

Argo FET Diode
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ingo21 avatar image ingo21 commented ·
i do not think it will work the way your diagram shows.

patching the starter alternator between the argofet and the battery does not look right.

i would keep the leisuresystem separate from the rest and charge the bowthruster and the starter battery only with the starter alternator.

i have a similar system on my boat and i have the leisure system separate from the engine system.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
projectwaterlily avatar image
projectwaterlily answered ·

thanks so much for your reply. i fully understand. i was just trying to get it so the solar could charge the leisure/starter and BT battery but it is very complicated!.. :) Rob

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.