question

lemmere avatar image
lemmere asked

Synchronized parallel charging using Blue Smart & Smart solar

I have a Blue Smart IP22 Charger and Smart solar MPPT 75/15 charge controller connected to the same lithium battery. Can I set up a VE.Smart Network between them for Synchronized parallel charging? If so, how is this done? Thanks in Advance

VE.Smart Network
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

You could start by reading the manual which would answer your questions.

https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Manual-VE.Smart-Networking-EN.pdf

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

lemmere avatar image
lemmere answered ·

Thank you. This answers my question. synch charging using blue smart charger not supported yet

2 |3000

fred111 avatar image
fred111 answered ·

I have used it with one blue smart ip22 12/30 rev2 charger and 2 smart mppt 75/15 for a long time now and it works perfect. Like in the morning instead of the mppt going into bulk it knows the ip22 is plugged in and in float/storage and mppt goes directly to float and supply’s as much of the current it can to keep batteries on float voltage and if it not enough ip22 dose the rest. They use the same voltage and temp info from the smart network. But I think you maybe need the ip22 rev2 for this to work.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

VE.Smart Networking Manual