question

Prospect avatar image
Prospect asked

Multiple Pylontech banks

3944fbbf-e729-4004-83d1-64f08ca91a5b.jpegb979fb92-67ec-4841-a5ad-38e1f6e244c2.jpegImage CaptionHi Victron Community .I have this system with 7 pylontech batteries comprising of 4 of the US3000c and 3 of the US3000 .I have 2 banks in parrell but my communication cable is linking all the 7 batteries but on the Cerbo Gx I am getting 2 different SOC reading.Making them 1 stack of 7 to give a single solve my issue.Thank You in advance

SOC
10 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@Prospect

Does the gx read all the batteries?

In other words does it show all 7 online?

What is the system using for SOC in systen settings?

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ Alexandra ♦ commented ·
To add, make sure the gouping has been done according to pylon specs in the operation manual for those batteries.
0 Likes 0 ·
Prospect avatar image Prospect Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@Alexandra The Gx device it’s showing that 4 are online definitely these is one bank of the US3000c .

df0e0218-3f04-4628-8b3e-f1dbfc875bfd.jpegImage CaptionSOC in the system settings it’s PYLONTECH Battery on CAN-bus

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ Prospect commented ·
@Prospect

Then it is acomms issue.

So check cables. Are they all the same age/firmware?

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ Alexandra ♦ commented ·
Can 3000C's and 3000's be mixed? I Can't find a note in the manual for it, like you see on the 5000's.

The 3000C has to be master, which it seems to be.

They have different CAN cabling needs.

Might be worth rather contacting pylon support for clarity.

1 Like 1 ·
@Alexandra Comms cable I have used VE can to can bus BMS type B cable to correspond with the Pylontech US3000c model according to the documentation as my master battery.

Age and firmware sure they must be different since the other bank they’re the US3000 models.

Or I will stack them up to create a single bank and see the outcome.

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ Prospect commented ·
They need to be a single bank, with a 3000C as master. Else you will see 2 BMS's and the system will only use one.
1 Like 1 ·
Prospect avatar image Prospect nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
@nickdb I will try and link the power terminal for the 2 banks to create a single bank.Thanks
0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ Prospect commented ·

@Prospect

The only difference between type A and type B is the ground.

But with the newer batteries as master that does not matter as the master is the one that passes on the info via can and the rest are connected internal comms not with Can.

You can stack them physically different but comms as one bank with the new batteries as master.

Sometimes you have to make your own cable with pins 1-3 blank(not connected.)

1 Like 1 ·

@Alexandra I will re crimp the other end and only use the pinout that I only need on the Can cable .Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic