question

gabri91 avatar image
gabri91 asked

Multiplus processor version and website documentation

Hello,
I'm purchasing a Multiplus Compact, I know that it's possible to get the processor version (old 19-20 or new 26-27) reading the label on the PIC itself, but looks to be quite difficoult if you cannot open the unit.

Do you know a S/N production date from which they should have the new processor?

Documentation should be updated as well, because it says "Since at least five years, all inverter/chargers have been shipped with a new type microcontroller" but it's obviously unclear the date of the documentation itself, so maybe better to update it with a proper date.

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/VE.Bus_Configuration_Guide/en/limitations.html#UUID-e9ee9abb-eb15-62e4-99b4-130473898c93

Thanks!

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Gabri.91

Basically 2018 onward should be ok.

I imagine products from 5 years ago should not be available new? Unless you found the sleepiest supplier ever.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

gabri91 avatar image gabri91 commented ·

Yes, problem is not for the new ones obviously but for the used ones, not all sellers would like to open the unit, don't ask me why because if I sell something, I'm more than happy to help with the purchase..

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

FW 300 (deprecated) was released in 2014 and was only compatible with the new processor. So I think that is the year of the upgrade to the new processor.

FW 400 was released in 2015

https://www.victronenergy.com/blog/2015/08/28/ve-bus-firmware-400-a-major-step-forward/

But honestly I would not trust a seller if he doesn't want to open the MultiPlus to check it for you.

2 |3000