question

stigagno avatar image
stigagno asked

Know generation microprocessor of Quattro 48 8000 from label

Hello, I ask your help for understand if is possible to know which generation microprocessor is equipped on the quattro of label attach. I haven’t now the possibility to dismantle the metal cover or connect to a Laptop. In the next months I want to activate ESS but I read that can be installed only on Multis and Quattros which feature the 2nd generation microprocessor (26 or 27). Is the Quattro of the label ESS capable? Can you help me? Thanks Luca

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi, yes; that one will be ESS capable. Its been manufactured in 2018. Week 11.

The upgrade was implemented before then

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mike80 avatar image
mike80 answered ·

9406039f-597d-11ee-a47e-2d818f972daa.jpgHi,

I also want to activate ESS, its possible with this model?

Thank you

Lg mike

2 comments
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
It's not so easy to tell with that unit.

I think it's easier to just open the front cover and look at the PCB.

Depending on where you live and the local laws it's possible that you are not allowed to use ESS with that unit or you need an external NS protection.

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

@mike80

From HQ13 not likely.

They ESS capable ones start from HQ1811.

It would be best to confirm with the chip check though. And check local regs as mentioned. The double relay is the usually required which MP2s have unless you are adding external protection.

0 Likes 0 ·
mike80 avatar image
mike80 answered ·

OK, thanks for your answers. I think I won't buy this device then

2 |3000