question

garysclark avatar image
garysclark asked

Victron Multiplus 12/3000/120-50 wont hold float voltage

I have a Victron Multiplus12/3000/120-50 configured with 3 SOK 206ah Lithium batteries. The charger is configured to hold a float voltage of 13.8 volts. I recently installed a Victron 30amp DC to DC charger, and notice that the Multiplus no longer will hold the 13.8 volts in float. It now only holds 13.5 volts. If I reset the Multiplus, it will go back to bulk and recharge the batteries, but the situation occurs again. How can I diagnose, troubleshoot and fix this issue?

voltagefloat
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

garysclark avatar image garysclark commented ·

Additional information: When I reset the Multiplus it made a clicking sound intermitently while in Absorption mode. When in float, I notice that the voltage actually cycles. It will drop as low as 13.6 volts and then increase the amps to get the charge back to 13.8+ volts. Also, I increased the charger amperage from 50 to 75amps.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Schematic would help. For instance, how is the Orion connected? As a load on the lithium's, or as an extra charger to the batteries.

Guessing that you have connected it as a load, and that there are other significant loads on the system.

The multi will only move into bulk or absorption once it detects a significant drop in battery voltage.

I think this is what you're seeing.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic