question

tomio avatar image
tomio asked

low temperature cutoff

I have the MultiPlus 24/3000, and the Smart Solar MPPT 150/100, Cerbo GX, and the LynxShunt and Distributor. For the temperature sensor, I'm using the one that came with the LynxShunt, and connected it to the temperature port in the Lynx Shunt unit.

Recently I have been getting subzero temperatures the last week or so. The MPPT 150/100 has a low temperature cut off at Celsius 3 degrees. But it doesn't seem like the MPPT 150/100 is reading the temperature on the LynxShunt.

In the mornings, right when the sun comes up, the temperature is still hovering right around 0 degrees, and I noticed that the MPPT solar charger was starting to kick in.

So anyway my question is, can the Lynx Shunt share its temperature readings with the MPPT Solar Charger? I know that the Lynx Shunt doesn't have BlueTooth, and it doesn't seem to support the VE Smart Networking feature, which makes me wonder if its actually sharing its temperature measurements with the other devices or not?

Can someone shed some light on this?

I'm assuming the internal BMS on the battery will ultimately kick in and won't allow any charging during subzero temperatures. If the Low Temperature Cut off on the MPPT charger fails.

MPPT ControllersMPPT SmartSolarTemperature SensorVE.Smart Network
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Sounds as if you're using Bluetooth for the MPPT and cables for the Cerbo. These networks aren't aren't compatible. Try using a VE Direct cable between the MPPT and the Cerbo.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

MPPT Product Page

MPPT Error codes

MPPT 150/60 up to 250/70 Manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Victron temperature sensor disambiguation table - which product supports which sensor

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

VE.Smart Networking Manual