question

Greg Griessel avatar image
Greg Griessel asked

Cerbo GX - boot up time ? and odd Stuff

Hi all

Got my hands on a used Cerbo-Gx - I don't know the history so no idea if it was abused etc or if i was faulty or not ...

a question I have is regarding boot-up time. I plugged it in and it seemed dead, with no lights, etc...

I happened to leave it plugged in on my desk and about 15-20 min later it booted ... wifi/bt lights flashing and ethernet linked up - I managed to link it to the VRM Portal so was happy - then about 2 min later it "died" .. no lights ...

I powered off and on again - again "dead" but exactly 20 min later - boom it came on ... but this time for just about 30-40 seconds and then died (or at least the led's went off)

I figured maybe it has a firmware issue so found the factory reset process using a SD card - tried it but I have no indication of "boot" ... so not even sure if the device is reading the SD

Any ideas/suggestions? any way to get a "console" on this device to see what it's doing?

What's the expected "boot-up time" on these devices?

FYI - also just for info i have nothing else connected to the CErbo except the power and a ethernet cable

Thx

Greg

cerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Sounds like it's faulty. Might be power cables with internal breaks, or a duff fuse fitting. Cerbos aren't that old, might be worth taking it to a dealer for help.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Greg Griessel avatar image Greg Griessel commented ·

any input on the expected "boot-up time"?

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ Greg Griessel commented ·

Its pretty quick. Even an old Venus is booted in a minute or two.

Unit sounds like a lemon.

1 Like 1 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
The boot off sd and reset takes a little longer and sometimes several attempts. Is it a smaller slower sd card you are using?

The standard boot time is 2 to 2.5 minutes.

The issue of rebooting before could be related to a reboot on no contact issue. But possibly something else. A corrupt memory could also do it but usually you see an #42 error.

0 Likes 0 ·