question

ezra avatar image
ezra asked

venus html5 interface broken layout and battery missing

Hey!

I've just tried to install the html5 interface, the dev testing page works, but no battery section is showing. I thought this was default. Do i need to add some code block somewhere?

Also when trying to access it on my venus device the layout is messed up. (needed to create /var/www/venus/app since ip/app hosted my remote console)

See screenshots.

Please advise.

html5
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Paul B avatar image Paul B commented ·

Just checking are you using the latest pre realease firmware. if not try that

0 Likes 0 ·
ezra avatar image ezra Paul B commented ·

Yes, latest github branch as of last night.

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

This is still an early feature and is only being tested for marine displays. These are not finished features, and are still in testing phases, so issues are to be expected.

To get some further progress though, you could try reading the information contained in these links, starting from the top:

https://community.victronenergy.com/articles/12246/getting-started-with-the-new-venus-html5-interface.html

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ezra avatar image ezra commented ·

Hey Guy,

Yes i've read through that indeed. And also that its only for marine installations yet... though it seems to work fine on my nearly offgrid home system.

I just cant figure out what file to edit to tweak the frontend, so much documentation...

Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·

I too would love an easier guide to help people get started in customised off grid applications.

Internal Victron resources are focused on the marine application for now,

If you make any discoveries, please report back! I’ll help more if I can.

This feature is being generally improved in the current release candidates, so stay up to date (in your non-critical installations).

0 Likes 0 ·
ezra avatar image ezra Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

Would the RC be in the github repo? I'd like to test it out.

0 Likes 0 ·
ezra avatar image
ezra answered ·

Ok install works fine now, redone it a couple of times and it now runs on my CCGX. Had to tweak some hiawatha settings.

But still the battery component is missing. Last working version was 0.6 (tried them all) But my knowledge on this topic is not enough, tried to copy and paste some sections and editing reference to files but i did not get it to work.

Any guidance will be appreciated.

3 comments
2 |3000

Have you followed the directions in this video?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nlvqttx320zyaba/Battery%20Measurements.mov?dl=0

0 Likes 0 ·
ezra avatar image ezra Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

Hmm, thanks. I don't have that option on my Easy Solar. The last option in that sub menu is DVCC. Im running v2.23. Any idea?

0 Likes 0 ·
ezra avatar image ezra ezra commented ·

Alright, updated to BETA 2.3 and it works out of the box, no need to build the app myself etc. Though i still need to be able to access it via https.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic