question

damonz avatar image
damonz asked

Bug/behavior in 2.30 v~38 html5 app

Hi,

@Guy Stewart (Victron Energy Staff)

Not sure where to post bugs for the html5 app so sorry if I’m in the wrong section. I noticed today that I could not see or scroll to view some information on the app depending on my screen orientation on an iPhone 6. The screen resizes to maximize the width when in landscape mode but is unable to scroll down to view information that disappears after changing orientation. Should this app be suitable for handheld devices such as iOS?

I’m using iOS 12.1.4

In portrait mode all information is visible

When in landscape mode the solar is truncated and scrolling is not available.

I also noticed a pc running Ubuntu/Firefox that a block of the background on the bottom of the screen that appears to be a wrong and resizes with the screen.

All figures here were generated using the dummy scripts and modified with dbus-spy.

Regards

Damon

html5
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Ole Saether avatar image Ole Saether commented ·

I have a similar problem when using a Raspberry Pi in kiosk mode with a touch display to display he status of my Venus GX. The column with Multiplus, Generator and Solar is missing. It would have been nice to be able to scroll the display.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi @damonz, thanks; noted.

Though right now indeed its not intended for phones; its intended to run on Marine MFDs / chartplotters.

Thats the first focus; eventually though we’ll expand its use and then this must work too.

Best, Matthijs.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic