question

brytonstevens avatar image
brytonstevens asked

Auto restart after overload for easy solar 2 GX

I have a easy solar 2 GX setup which gets random system overload errors and then shuts down the inverter (random because it happens sometimes 2am in the morning where there are pretty much just fridge and freezer pulling power). I have to then manually go to the unit and turn it off and on again for it to restart and then works fine. This is problematic because for some reason if it trips it also doesn't allow municipal power through so all power is off even when power is supplied from municipality.

How do I set it to automatically restart after getting a overload error?

Firmware seems to be up to date when I check for updates with the online updates options.

EasySolar All-in-One
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@Brytonstevens@hotmail.com

it might be that on of your fridges has a high current draw on start up. sometimes they almost have a dead short. check that the compressors etc are ok there.

are you drawing your batteries down to a low soc? possibly the assist from battery at low soc is causing the issue?

0 Likes 0 ·
brytonstevens avatar image brytonstevens Alexandra ♦ commented ·

Might be the fridges, I'll have to check them out.

The soc level is set at 85%. Is that a low soc?

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Normally it tries to restart 3 times, but there is a setting in VE.config to disable that. I'm not sure if it's forced off with some gridcodes.

1673848386968.png

But maybe it already tried to restart 3 times?

1673848386968.png (55.5 KiB)
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

brytonstevens avatar image brytonstevens commented ·
I have the easy solar 2 GX setup. How do I access these settings? I have vrm setup and can also use the console to access settings but can't seem to find anything related to restart settings
0 Likes 0 ·