question

Bill avatar image
Bill asked

hci0 BT device

I was looking at the newish BT device connections under I/O wondering if I could see my SeeLevel BT tank monitor. All I see it this, and I have no idea what it might be. I checked a MAC lookup app and there were no results for FB:01:D5 Which is a first time in 25 years of looking up MACs to figure out what a device might be on one of our corporate networks. I do have some Victron BT stuff, 712, SBS BT enabled controllers etc. If it was a victron device I would think I would see about 5 of them in here.

hci0.jpg

cerbo gx
hci0.jpg (17.7 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

@Bill

This is the MAC address of your Cerbo GX's internal Bluetooth adapter. Not sure if you will see your SeeLevel BT as it is not supported. And if it did, you would see it in the Bluetooth sensors menu (back one page).

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

trsvax avatar image
trsvax answered ·

I have the spec for what the data stream contains and I'm thinking about writing a driver. I'm going to drag out my raspberry pi and see if I can figure out how to read a bluetooth LE broadcast. I've looked and the Ruuvi tag drivers and it's pretty much the same thing. Would be nice to have tanks on vrm without having to run a wire.

1 comment
2 |3000

Bill avatar image Bill commented ·
That would be very cool!
0 Likes 0 ·