question

rattus avatar image
rattus asked

System dead, please advise

Hello all.

So just returned from holiday in the mountains and checked my setup, looks pretty dead to me.
On VRM Portal zero info since early December, says “No Data to display”, which seems odd coz I remember checking in before I left. Nevertheless, here’s what I can see, visually:

Inverter lights: Charger / Alarm
MPPT lights: Float
Cerbo GX: nothing.
Pylontech: Run light, single slow blink. No SOC lights.

I don’t even know what to think or do.
Where do I start?

Thank you.

Help
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
rattus avatar image
rattus answered ·

sorry @Gazza I should have said, the single blinking light on my Pylon was green, not red.

For what it's worth I discovered that the power cable to my CerboGX was a loose, someone must have nudged it. So I turned everything off, checked all my fuses, reconnected Cerbo Power (black/red cable) and that seems to have restored sanity.

Thanks for reaching out.

p.s. Inverter is 1200VA Multiplus.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rattus avatar image
rattus answered ·

Never mind, seems I fixed it....by fiddling.

2 |3000

gazza avatar image
gazza answered ·

The single flashing red on the Pylontech is an alarm. Possibly caused by overcurrent? I have seen this before with "inrush" current pull when the batteries are first connected to the inverter. If that is the case then maybe just recycling your battery isolator switch a couple of times may do the trick? What sort of inverter setup do you have?

2 |3000

gazza avatar image
gazza answered ·

Ahh... all good. Glad you sorted it.!

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic