question

granja avatar image
granja asked

mppt 150/85 smartsolar A05A firmware error

Hi,

I have an Victron SmartSolar MPPT 150/85 A05A and Multi quattro 8000 yesterday it updated to v1.41 automatically; since the maximum charge current donยดt work. Suddenly today it downgraded to v1.39 and the system don't work, it is in error 116 with input shutdown. Can you help me please?

Thanks!

MPPT Controllersfirmware update
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ยท

Hi, you canโ€™t downgrade a SmartSolar charger. Only BlueSolar Chargers can be downgraded.

There is really only one option to make the charger work again: disable the Charge current limit setting in your GX device. See Settings -> System Setup.

Then if that would lead to over charging, use VictronConnect to set lower individual limits on all solar chargers you have.

I expect to have more news about this on Monday. Weโ€™ll contact you from the support desk.

In the mean time, my apologies for the troubles. Matthijs

Ps1: you wrote that it updated automatically: thats impossible. Someone must have pressed a button somewhere.

Ps2: Iโ€™ll remove all other answers and comments; to keep this clean.

10 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

granja avatar image granja commented ยท

Hi, Thank very much for your answer. I've tried your option but donยดt work.

Sorry for my English, you are right, Iยดve accept both updates automatically.

0 Likes 0 ยท
granja avatar image granja commented ยท

It's possible to reinstall v1.41 version?

0 Likes 0 ยท
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) โ™ฆโ™ฆ granja commented ยท

Yes. It is. Error 116 will go away. See change log

0 Likes 0 ยท
granja avatar image granja mvader (Victron Energy) โ™ฆโ™ฆ commented ยท

But I donยดt known, How to do it, because I donยดt have this firmware file. Where can I download it?

0 Likes 0 ยท
boekel avatar image boekel โ™ฆ granja commented ยท

Hi @Granja it should be very easy, do you have a Venus device in the installation? if so can update via the VRM site, on the 'devices' page is a button that will do this for you:

The other option is using the Victron Connect app, either on a phone (bluetooth) or laptop (usb-ve.direct cable).

0 Likes 0 ยท
granja avatar image granja boekel โ™ฆ commented ยท

Hi Boekel, That option has disappeared for me, only appeared the v1.39 firmware.

0 Likes 0 ยท
captura.png (21.4 KiB)
JohnC avatar image JohnC โ™ฆ granja commented ยท

1.41 is unavailable right now. 1.39 is the latest listed on Victron Professional. And VRM sez 1.39 is the latest too.

0 Likes 0 ยท
granja avatar image granja JohnC โ™ฆ commented ยท

Do you known if it's possible to obtain that file?, our installation is isolated and we are depending on a generator.

0 Likes 0 ยท
boekel avatar image boekel โ™ฆ granja commented ยท

I removed the message with my email-address, that seems to have removed the reply's on it also, sorry.

@Granja has the file now so that's good :)

0 Likes 0 ยท
granja avatar image granja boekel โ™ฆ commented ยท

Yes Boekel, I have the file and my installation works again!! Thank you so so much!!

0 Likes 0 ยท
jsmvanwyk avatar image
jsmvanwyk answered ยท

Hi, Is it possible to get the v1.41 file sent to me to get rid of an Error 116 on a Smartsolar 250-100 that was downgraded to 1.39 to get it working again?

3 comments
2 |3000

boekel avatar image boekel โ™ฆ commented ยท

Hi @jsmvanwyk
I've contacted you through support.

0 Likes 0 ยท
jsmvanwyk avatar image jsmvanwyk boekel โ™ฆ commented ยท

Hi Many thanks

All sorted now with your support.

Kind regards

0 Likes 0 ยท
saipro avatar image saipro commented ยท

Can I have the v1.39 file for BlueSolar 150/85 VE.Direct (A04F)? I'm having a similar issue. In addition, my Phoenix 48/375 (A214) no longer displays power output in CCGX since upgrading to v1.16 this evening. I would appreciate any downgrade file which reverses this problem.

Omodaramola@gmail.com

0 Likes 0 ยท

Related Resources

MPPT Product Page

MPPT Error codes

MPPT 150/60 up to 250/70 Manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic