question

Edijs Egli avatar image
Edijs Egli asked

Quattro efficiency? AC-DC, DC-AC.

Hi. I can't find the efficiency table for Quattro 8-10kva, can someone help? Thanks

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@Edijs Egli

Quattro or Quattro II? I think there still needs so documentation updates on the 2s. But since they are new it is not likely to publish them right now. Things still need to be established. Will likely be similar to the 5kva II though.

It is fairly difficult to quantify as temperature and install conditions among other things affect it all. There is a sweet spot in load conditions as well.

There is an older white paper.

0 Likes 0 ·
Edijs Egli avatar image Edijs Egli Alexandra ♦ commented ·

Quattro,the biggest box:)

For Multiplus i find diagramms,but not for Quattro. https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/70543/multiplus-max-charge-efficiency-point.html

0 Likes 0 ·
janieronen avatar image janieronen Edijs Egli commented ·

As far I have opened Quattros they have identical structure compared to multis. Only obvious difference is two input relay sets and different firmware. Would be surprised if there is any efficiency differences between models.

Any case there is conversation where was multiple efficiency measurements performed to multi 5k which shows clearly efficiency compared to charge/discharge ratio. I have found that best efficiency is around 50% charge compared to max. Multi 2 and Quattro 2 have a lot better total charge-discharge efficiency so with old unit is more important to consider installation location as they produce a lot of heat. Hope that helps.

0 Likes 0 ·
Edijs Egli avatar image Edijs Egli janieronen commented ·

Quattro 2 is available only in 5kva modification max. I need a manufactureres effeciency info for Quattro 8-10kva. On Multi 5kva we lose a lot of energy in the conversion in both directions,AC-DC-AC. 20-30%.

0 Likes 0 ·
snoobler avatar image snoobler Edijs Egli commented ·

Efficiency is horrible at low power. Peak efficiency is at about 30% rated. I lose about 35% because my pair of 48/5000 are running at about 50W each most of the time. Between their idle draw (about 30W each) and their inefficiency, I'm happy if I get 50-60% efficiency when powering 50W on each inverter.

1672532861494.png

The total draw (190W) also includes 20W of DC loads, so 115W/190W = 60.5% efficient.

If you need efficiency at low power, you need a low power inverter.

0 Likes 0 ·
1672532861494.png (69.5 KiB)
0 Answers