question

kurtinge avatar image
kurtinge asked

Victron GX Tank i cooperation with the boats native monitoring (Schneider)

Hi!

I am considering to extend my Victron implementation with a GX Tank and is wondering if this can cooperate with my Jeanneau SO 2012 tank gauges? Don't know the brand. Can also the tank sensors give levels to both the Schneider panel and the Victron or do I have to disconnect the Schneider?

Anybody with knowledge in this matter?

tank monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

@kurtinge

This is something you better ask Jeaneau as they should know what type (resistive, voltage or current) of tank sensors are installed.

In general, both voltage and current sensors can be connected to the GX Tank 140. If the installed tank sensors are resistive, you can connect them directly to a Cerbo GX.

Normally you can leave the built-in panel as it is and have the GX Tank or GX tank inputs parallel connected.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kurtinge avatar image kurtinge commented ·

Seems like they (at least fuel) are resistive. By the way, I do not have a Cerbo as I am running Venus on a Raspberry Pi. But indeed - building things on the Raspberry are soon to be waste as I might sell it (prices are quite high) and buy a Cerbo with all functionality.

0 Likes 0 ·
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

You can not parallel a resistive sensor to two displays. This will result in incorrect readings on both displays.

You could potentially connect a GX Tank in voltage mode across a resistive sensor powered by the stock display but it will be a bit nonlinear.

2 |3000