question

hoeken avatar image
hoeken asked

Multi Voltage Inverters + MFD App Integration

I made a post about this in the general forum, but got no response: https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/175715/mfd-app-show-dual-inverters-quattro.html

I have a setup on my boat with a 120v inverter + 230v inverter. The issue I have is that the HTML5 app integration will only show info for one of the inverters. It would be really nice if it could show info for both of them since they are both running.

Since this is the modifications space, could someone point me to where it might be possible to modify this? I worked as a web dev in a previous life and would be keen to add that in if possible.

Additionally, there is a bug where when showing multiple batteries I think it is sorting by SOC, not name... so the list of batteries is swapping around all the time and it is very annoying. I have a 48v, 24v, and 12v bank with shunts on each and I had to turn off the display for the 12v and 24v since it was not working.

marine mfd app
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
bathnm avatar image
bathnm answered ·

@hoeken Unfortunately the system is not designed for multi-voltage or multi standalone inverter control. It is possible to display different voltage information in the device list, but it is not taken into account in any of the systems control logic. I am surprised they keep re-ordering, so what version of VenusOS are you running and have you modified it in any way?

Check what voltage monitor has been set as the master through the settings -> system setup and the battery monitor setting.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

hoeken avatar image hoeken commented ·

@Bathnm I am on 2.92, normal image, no mods (yet).

It would be nice to control inverters from the MFD, but I'd settle for just being able to see the state of shore power, power draw, charging etc. Right now it just defaults to the first one. I can see and control both through the GX touch, but it requires a bit more effort to look at that than the MFD. One inverter is through the VE.Bus port, the other uses a MK3 to USB adapter to the Cerbo.

The main system is 48v with 24v and 12v buffer batteries. The 48v is the master through a Lynx BMS and the 24v and 12v are smart shunts. Everything is working as expected, its just the display on the MFD isn't quite doing what I want.

I dug into the source of the MFD code and found this, where its sorting based on charging state: https://github.com/victronenergy/venus-html5-app/blob/32e282d5d9e2d3f9cf32828742da6de3cd694a18/src/app/MarineApp/components/Battery/Battery.tsx#L203

While I was digging, I also found this branch called Marine2 which seems to be a new version of the MFD app, do you guys need beta testers for this? https://github.com/victronenergy/venus-html5-app/tree/marine2

I'm def a victron fan and love the open source way you guys do things. I hope I can find a way to contribute as well now that I'm using a full victron setup full time.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic