question

Dirk avatar image
Dirk asked

Device missing in "device list" and is not selectable for custom widget

I added a device via python script: https://github.com/dsteinkopf/dbus-dtu-ahoy

This is working fine: It is shown in the GX device, the console, in the VRM Dashboard and in the device list under "advanced". So also the corresponding widgets for the new device are shown correctly.

But under "Device list" the device is missing. Also, when I try to add a custom widget under "Advanced" the new device is not shown.

What am I doing wrong? What could I check?

VRMvrm advancedwidget vrm
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Dirk avatar image
Dirk answered ·

No idea from anyone?

I see "46 People are following this question". So I assume, I am not the only one to have this problem.

Maybe some help from Victron?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Might be they're following the space
0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@dsteinkopf

It may be worth looking into node red dashboard if you are going custom as the VRM is really for mainstream devices and users.

Since the Device is added by a custom script, VRM is probably not programmed/designed to pull the data. You are now out of officially supported device territory.

2 |3000

Dirk avatar image
Dirk answered ·

Hi @Alexandra. Thank you for your answer. You're probably right that my solution is not supported officially. But I am wondering why my other device (grid meter, that is fed into venus/VRM very similarly) is all ok. - And I think when they are providing a documented API, some support would be nice...

And just to be sure: Everything is working well: Data is shown correctly in the Console and in the VRM. Only the device is missing in the device list and in the list(s).

And what do you mean by the "node red dashboard"?

1 comment
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

If you get the venus os large it opens up other possible monitoring solutions.

There are some videos up on YouTube as well from a recent webinar. Also not officially supported. The grid meter probably got lucky with and it is similar to something already supported.

I am not programming savvy, but the node red has enabled me to add in unsupported stuff and control it.

There are so many possibilities it is impossible to support them all realistically.

There is an API list but i do not know how uo to date it is

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources