question

a-team-adventures avatar image
a-team-adventures asked

Wiring up water tank sensor

Hi there

Just powered up my system.

Cerbo GX at the centre and MPPT, DC-DC and mains hook up all good

Just realised I can link my resistive water tank sensor to the Cerbo is it just as simple as connecting the 2 cables to a connector and connecting to my Cerbo? Any wiring diagrams there?

tank monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

Yup. The two wires from the resistive sensor to one of the tank inputs on the Cerbo. No polarity issues as the sensor is purely resistive.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

a-team-adventures avatar image
a-team-adventures answered ·

Thanks Kevin

I got round to doing this and it worked well with the Cerbo. Then I reconnected the analogue one which came with the sensor and that didn’t play nice with the Cerbo … I suspect as there’s now a power supply in the loop it pushes the Ohms from 190 when full to over 340 … so i don’t think I can run them both and will have to choose one or the other!

1 comment
2 |3000

Kevin Windrem avatar image Kevin Windrem commented ·
You are correct. You can't run the original display and Cerbo at the same time. Both "displays" pull up on the sensor's resistor with a fixed resistance so the voltage across the sensor will go up substantially.
1 Like 1 ·
derrick thomas avatar image
derrick thomas answered ·
Actually you can run both with a little ingenuity. I run the dash gauge for my diesel tank along side the cerbo. I accomplished this by using 2 of these, one for the cerbo and one for the dash gauge.

Dolphin Gauges - Fuel Gauge to... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09RN9JBTX?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

2 |3000