question

kaplan78 avatar image
kaplan78 asked

Recalibrate Victron battery monitor!?

Interesting one, I have a Cyrix CT, to charge my house batteries of the vehicle batteries. My house batteries were down to 60%. It was freezing outside and had trouble starting so I hit my Cyrix CT start assist button, which connects my house batteries to my vehicle batteries to help start the engine. Worked great, the only problem is now my Victron battery monitor reads 100%, when it's really 60%. I see why this happened, but does anyone know a quick way to recalibrate? I looked into zero calibration, but that doesn't seem like the fix. Thank you

BMV Battery MonitorCyrix Battery Combiner
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
dc4me avatar image
dc4me answered ·

Charge house batteries to 100% and sync monitor.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kaplan78 avatar image kaplan78 commented ·
You know I had this thought last night and was like duh. Just to plug it in and do a full charge and done. But hitting sync a good step as well. Initially I was thinking because the BMV thinks it's already 100% it wouldn't take charge, but don't think it works that way. Thanks for the help!
0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

There's an option in the battery settings to manually set state of charge. Use Victron connect to do this.

2 |3000