question

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany asked

Power/External Screen.

I'm trying to find a way of configuring displays for my narrowboat.

Setup decisions and purchases so far

13kW 48V electric motor

Easysolar II 48V/5000

4 x Pylontech US5000 (with isolators)

2.5kW panels (with fuses&isolators)

Cerbo/Touch 50

Assorted Orions to provide 12V where needed

Touch 50 will not be visible from the helm.

What I need to display at the helm is DC motor power consumption, battery state of charge, solar charge power input. This will be available in VRM if I add a smartshunt or BMV on the motor feed. And all the desired metrics could be shown in a custom widget(assuming all are available there). Also there will be periods out of cell coverage, which precludes VRM.

If I can add a second screen to the Cerbo, this would give the dashboard, but not a dedicated/reduced display like the custom widgets in VRM. I was originally going to use the BMV 712, whose screen is weatherproof and can be mounted at the helm, but the display is small, only shows 1 value at a time and I don't want to constantly press buttons for this. Smartshunt is cheaper, but needs a second screen on the cerbo, which must be weatherproof.

Ideas?

Will an HDMI splitter work to add another screen to the Cerbo?

cerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@kevgermany

You can run os large/node red. Make a custom dashboard.

Install a cheaper tablet in an ip65 box with a clear front, it can display the custom information there over the Cerbos own WiFi hotspot.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Brilliant. Thanks.
0 Likes 0 ·