question

calle avatar image
calle asked

Connection between charging station and cerbo?

Hello!

So I’ve just installed my first Victron charging station in accordance to the excellent YouTube video from victron.

My issue is that it simply won’t connect to the cerbo or vrm. I can get it “online” on the same Wi-Fi and the charger shows the same stats as the GX touch does.

The difference from my charger “portal” compared to the one shown in the video is that I don’t have the option to check “Modbus TCP client”, rather it says “Modbus TCP server”.

I copy the same IP address as the cerbo is on (is that correct, the one shown under settings - Wi-Fi - IP address?) it still doesn’t connect to the cerbo or shows up in connected units.

I was surprised that I need to import newer firmware rather than download it, is this a standard procedure on the charging station? Could it be an older model that isn’t compatible with newer firmware on the cerbo?

Thanks!

ev charging station
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi, make sure your Cerbo is updated to the latest version. In after update still not working, can you share some pictures from the setup menu of the charging station?

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

calle avatar image calle commented ·

Can I see which version the cerbo is in the vrm?

0 Likes 0 ·
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ calle commented ·
You have an email from me
0 Likes 0 ·
jchowdhury avatar image jchowdhury calle commented ·
Hello...I've been experiencing the same problem. have you managed to solve the problem and how?
0 Likes 0 ·
Hi, what problem? can you share some pictures as I was asking above?
0 Likes 0 ·