question

gnagflow avatar image
gnagflow asked

why is current going/come to/from nowwhere in dashboard

I always had inaccuracy in my systems between the current the REC-BMS shunt shows and the Multiplus2 DC current, although inbetween there are no loads or other systems. So i bought i victron smart shunt to check it in more detail. Now the shunt shows that the battery delivers 47Amps, but the Multiplus means, that 48,4A arrives. If you switch on in VRM the DC Loads, than it shows the missing 1,4Amps coming/going from/to anywhere which does not exist. So what is here wrong??

The battery delivers 47A, a not existing DC generator delivers 1,8A and the DC current sense of the Multi measures the 48,8A althoug only 47A exist.

I always see those differences between BMS current and MP current and it looks like it could be a source of relevant inaccuracies?

Can someone explain this? This is just a test system without grid meter installed. Values from "grid" are the AC-Out measurement from the MP2.

1671638252392.png

dashboard displayaccuracy
1671638252392.png (88.8 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
pwfarnell avatar image
pwfarnell answered ·

There are many posts on here about this subject. The DC amps into the multiplus is not measured directly, it is a calculated figure based on the AC current and expected efficiency etc. It is nowhere near as accurate as a Shunt or quality BMS measurement. If you have good quality shunt or BMS measurement then ignore the multiplus because it is not as accurate.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Negative DC-load means that energy is going into the battery.
47A from battery + 1,4A from "DC-load" = 48,4A to the MultiPlus

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic