question

andymcw avatar image
andymcw asked

Grid-tied Multiplus 2 with AC coupled PV - how to connect

Hi, I've seen a schematic of a grid-tied Multiplus 2 with AC-coupled PV array. But how do you connect the grid and the PV ac to the Multiplus. As I understand it, the grid would normally connect to AC-in, which is in fact bi-directional. But that only leaves me with 2 AC-outs. Where do I connect the PV AC output?

Thanks,

Andy

AC PV Coupling
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Jason - UK avatar image
Jason - UK answered ·

@AndyMcW below is a schematic of my system if that helps answer any of your questions.

1671625256473.jpeg

How big is your PV array? If connecting PV to the AC out side of the Multiplus, it can not be greater than the rating of the multiplus - 5kva PV array max for a 5kva inverter.

1671625256473.jpeg (472.3 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

andymcw avatar image andymcw commented ·
Hi @Jason - UK, Thanks. That's quite some schematic! If I read it correctly then your PV inverter is grid-tied in its own right. The output of that inverter doesn't go into the Multiplus but feeds into a consumer unit that serves a bunch of cicuits. That consumer unit is also fed by the AC1 out of the Multiplus. ACin on the Multiplus is connected to the grid as expected. So I think you've got around the lack of a 2nd AC input on the Multiplus by using a grid-tied PV inverter. Clever.

But my potential application is different. I'm actually wondering about using V2L from an electrical vehicle, and converting it to V2H using a Multiplus. My idea is to replace the ac-coupled solar inverter ouput with the V2L output from the car. But that definitely would not and could not be grid-tied at source. Hence I want to put the V2L feed through the MultiPlus in order to grid tie it. But I don't seem to have anywhere to connect it in.

Cheers,

Andy

0 Likes 0 ·