question

bartrs avatar image
bartrs asked

Multiplus 2 charging option

Hi all.

I'm new to this forum (and to Victron/ off-grid devices) and so far this community has been a great source of info.

First of all my setup:

- Cerbo GX

- Multiplus 2 48/5000/70-50

- SmartSolar MPPT 450/200tr

- Smartshunt 500A

- LiFePo4 280Ah

- JK BMS 200A

- Mk3 USB Interface

Using the MK3 Interface I can see the Multi is setup to start charging when either the Udc or SOC is below a certain setting.

When the Multi start charging it continues to do so until either Bulk or Absorption is finished.

Meaning I end up with a full battery (which I don't want). There is an option to stop the Multi from charging when Udc is higher than .....Volts.Which to me is not very useful because of the flat battery curve.

Is there an option to stop the Multi from charging at a certain SOC?

All input/help is appreciated.

Kind regards,

Bart

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@BartRS

Have found using the GX to operate shore connect and disconnect is possible. Then you can alter from the GX. It uses the generator start stop, so you can then use the SOC.

There are a couple of threads on the forum exploring the various programming uses.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bartrs avatar image bartrs commented ·
Thanks for your reply, will give that a try !
0 Likes 0 ·

Interesting.

I've read the link you mentioned and had a look at VRM settings regarding the generator options. So this means the GX can command the Multi to start and stop charging at desired SOC limits. Looks like I got some reading to do tonight.

Thanks for your input!

0 Likes 0 ·

Generator setup to Multiplus 2

I found the answer here, the MultiPlus2 now starts and stops charging at desired SOC numbers.

Thanks @shaneyake and @Alexandra

0 Likes 0 ·