stevew-1 asked

CerboGX & GX Touch - Shore-Gen Display

Luxury Yacht Installation - equipment fitted:

- 106kWh of 48V Pylontech Batteries

- 3 x paralleled 1ph Quattro 48V 15kVA

- CerboGX & GX Touch

- 2 x Generators G1 & G2

- 2 x Shore Inlets SS1 & SS2

We have a PLC/HMI controlled power management system that supplies "Either" generator or shore power (G1 or SS1) to Quattro AC-In 1 and same for AC-In 2 (G2 or SS2). PLC/HMI is reading Modbus data from CerboGX. All is working well, except the CerboGX "of course" shows Generator on the GX touch display when AC-In 1 is in use, and Shore when AC-In 2 is in use (but it may be a generator).

Question:

Can I somehow configure an input - either hard-wired, but preferably a Modbus input - to the CerboGX so that it displays "Generator" whenever a generator is supplying either Quattro AC Input and conversely "Shore" on either input when Shore Power is supplying Quattro's?

Note:

I can easily provide the required Modbus write value to Cerbo if a suitable register is available, but if hard-wire is also possible, this can be done but will require a cable to be run-in.

The system arrangement description has been simplified in the above, and is a bit more complex than easily described here.

cerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

I have a package that uses a digital input to switch AC 1 between shore and generator. It's intended for use with a Multi (not Quattro) when the system includes an external transfer switch. You may be able to adapt it for your application.

https://github.com/kwindrem/ExtTransferSwitch

You might also consider rewiring your system do that both shore sources are on one of the AC inputs and both generator sources are on the other AC input. That way the Quattro doesn't have to switch source types.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.