question

crashkopf avatar image
crashkopf asked

VenusOS image Raspberry Pi SD card from Linux

I'm trying to image VenusOS onto an SD card for Raspberry Pi from a Linux computer (Debian, specifically). I'm not familiar with the tools for creating a filesystem from a .wic file. The VenusOS wiki lists tools for Windows, but nothing for Linux. I haven't found any clear instructions from the web searches I've tried.

How do I image VenusOS onto an SD card from Linux?

Venus OS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
bathnm avatar image
bathnm answered Ā·

@Crashkopf you can use the dd command. The wic file is the input file and the sd card is the output. You can do a man dd for more information on the command line parameters for the tool.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

crashkopf avatar image crashkopf commented Ā·

Thanks for your help. The file extension was what threw me off, but knowing that it's a compressed image file I was able to write to the SD card with the following invocation:

sudo sh -c 'zcat venus-image-raspberrypi2.wic.gz > /dev/mmcblk0'

0 Likes 0 Ā·
do2frk avatar image
do2frk answered Ā·

Seit dem neu flash gestern der SD Karte in meinem Raspberry 3 B + hab ich keinen zugriff mehr auf meine VRM ID und es wird als "fremdzugriff" gewertet

2 |3000

xsilvergs avatar image
xsilvergs answered Ā·

Download Balena Etcher on to your Linux PC, it's an AppImage. This can then be used to write your OS to the sd card.

2 |3000

Related Resources