question

robbie11 avatar image
robbie11 asked

victron multiplus 12/2000/80 not communicating via mk3

Hi all,

I've been using my second hand multi for over six months and both the charger and the inverter work just fine. Since i'm converting to lifepo4 i'm going to need to change the charge settings, i've tried everything that i could find on the web but still no succes connecting it to my laptop.

i've tried multiple laptops, rj45 cables, tested my mk3 with my neighbours multi (and worked just fine with his multi)

The laptop can find the mk3 when i plug in the USB and it starts to retreive data from the VE.Bus device after half a minute it reports an error as seen in the screenshot bellow. I've tried all the other victron programs but none can find the multi. My neighbour tried the mk3 on his 12/3000 and it worked fine when we used his laptop to connect it to my multiplus the same error occured. I've also checked the drivers and they are all ok. I think that the issue is within the multi since the MK3 is perfectly detectable.

some things worth mentioning

- disconnected the AC
- connected the DC (fully charges batt)
- turned on the multi
- tried multiple RJ45 cables
- tried multipe laptops
- uninstalled victron software and reinstalled it
- resetted the multi via dipswitches (dip2 on, saved via dip8)
- tried victron connect, VE.bus quick config, VEconfig, VEflash non is detecting the multi but do see port3 (guess all can find the mk3)

Can't find a lot about it but could it be possible that my comm board is fried and that all the rest works perfectly fine?

Anybody an idea what the problem could be ?

many thanks.

Rob

victronconnect1.pngvictronconnect2.png3.png

multiplus ve.bus
victronconnect1.png (33.2 KiB)
victronconnect2.png (33.2 KiB)
3.png (1.8 MiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
robbie11 avatar image
robbie11 answered ·

could a mk2 work with my multi ?

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

djsmiley avatar image djsmiley commented ·

I doubt it. The image shows 26xxx microprocessor which has VE.bus.

The MK2.2 is, as far as I know, only for the older (non-VE.bus) units (18xxx family group)

https://www.victronenergy.nl/upload/documents/manual-VE.Bus-firmware-versions-explained-EN.pdf

0 Likes 0 ·
robbie11 avatar image robbie11 djsmiley commented ·

thanks, starting to get the feeling that my multiplus is dysfunctioning.. Looking at the manual there is no propper way of changing the settings to lifepo4 via the dipswitches..

0 Likes 0 ·
robbie11 avatar image
robbie11 answered ·

https://sprintervanusa.com/2017/02/04/updating-victron-energy-inverter-settings-and-firmware/

this guy is connecting a mk2 to a 12/2000/80 and has a 27xxx microprocessor ? I was under the assumption that the mk2 was only applicable for microprocessors starting with 18xxx

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic