question

rns avatar image
rns asked

Devices always get disconnected

Since I added a second bms and second smartsolar controller my rapsberry pi3 started crashing (at least no network connection at all)

I bought a new raspberry pi4 4gb and now my devices get disconnected all the time.

Anyone having the same issues ?

How to solve it ?

My devices are connected via the DIY rs485 to usb connector cables but it is strange that they work when I reboot but get disconnected sometimes after a few minutes sometimes after some hours.

Connected devices ;

2 BMS's

2 smartsolars

1 multiplus II

![image](https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/24300782/208190830-c54cb980-686b-4a81-a406-17b83c5516bc.png)

At this moment one BMS, one smartsolar and the multiplus are not connected.

If I reboot the PI they are all live again at least for some time (from minutes to hours)

Sometimes they are all disconnected.

Venus OS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
rns avatar image
rns answered Ā·

Did a test over the last day and only kept the multiplus with the mk3 connector to usb and one smartsolar inverter connected and had no disconnections.

* is number of devices an issue ?

* are the diy cables an issue ? Now only one DIY cable is connected.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

gnagflow avatar image gnagflow commented Ā·
Maybe some kind of isolation problems, plug for every usb connection an usb isolator in between
0 Likes 0 Ā·
rns avatar image
rns answered Ā·

I start to get this issue as soon as I add 3 devices with a DIY cable/When I adde a victron BMS.

Not sure if this conclusions is correct.

Everything works fine with Multiplus MK3 cable and two smartsolar chargers with DIY cable.

As soon as I add a BMS I start getting disconnects and all devices disconnect so BMS, smartsolars and the victron..

Can someone help with this issue ?

2 |3000

rns avatar image
rns answered Ā·

anyone with the same issues ?

2 |3000

Related Resources