question

cuevision avatar image
cuevision asked

Victron Energy IP22 12V/20 (3)

Hello to you all. I read some posts over here according the Victron Energy IP22 12V/20 (3). But I can't find one that fits my needs/question. Hope some of you know.

I have 3 batteries (105A) . All 3 are the same. I now am charging them individually through the 3 ouputs theVictron Energy IP22 12V/20 (3) has.

I now want to use 2 of these batteries parallel, giving me 210A. Can you tell me how I have to setup the V Energy with this new configuration. Can I still use all three outputs to supply each battery individually? Or do I have to use 2 outputs: *1 for the standalone battery and *1 output to connect to the both parallel configuration?

Hope I made myself clear (From Dutch to English) Thanks and I am looking forward to your replies.

Regards,
Ed

chargersystem integrationparallele batterien
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
djsmiley avatar image
djsmiley answered ·

There is no point in running multiple wires from the various outputs. The charger doesn't provide 3x30A, its just 30A shared on 3 outputs.

Just wire the 2 batteries in parallel and connect to a single output port, and use the second output port for the separate battery, and leave the 3rd output unused.

Keep in mind if those batteries have had different usage/cycles/aging it is generally NOT recommended to parallel them. Paralelling lead-acid is only recommended with same age/wear/capacity of batteries.

Small note: use the proper abbreviations: your battery is 105Ah, not 105A. Small detail ;)
Capacity is indicated in Ah (if you include the voltage) or in Wh: So either 12V / 105Ah, or 1260Wh. (Ampere-hours or Watthours). Capacity has to include a time factor.
Current is indicated in A (Ampere)

(En ja, je vraag was duidelijk: Gewoon 2 uitgangen gebruiken)

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
There were posts before about this. Bottom line was that connecting different batteries to the different ports is ok as the voltage differences make charging self regulating between the batteries.
0 Likes 0 ·
cuevision avatar image
cuevision answered ·

Thanks (dank je) for your reply. It's clear now how to handle. About these batteries. They're the same and bought together. I read it at Victron that this should be the way to get the loader doing its proper work. Also nice to know how simple mistakes like Ah and A :-)

Best regards,
Ed

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Chargers.

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic