question

goldman avatar image
goldman asked

Modbus tcp port

hi

i have a project with 4 cerbo gx and a plc.

the problem i facing is my plc can only use one port for each device.

so when one of cerbo is on the default port 502 the next one needs to be on 503, otherwise the

plc can't handle the data.

so is it possible to chance the default port

Modbus TCPmodifications
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Failing that, you could use an intermediary routing/proxy device to NAT for you. Haproxy could also work.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

polian83 avatar image
polian83 answered ·

Hello, Is not possible to use another Linux to make NAT, because will create problems. I tried to see if i can activate contrack to do nat on your linux / port redirect , but linux version is old and do not have --to-ports

Do you think you can update your Firmware with new version of Linux to have IP-tables option of PREROUTING and REDIRECT ?

Thank you,

2 |3000

Related Resources

Experiments, Modifications and Adaptions. Mods (Modifications) can be made to Victron Software by the Community. Please use the modifications space for enthusiasts who want to push what is possible, without official Victron Support.

Modbus TCP Basics