question

sykick avatar image
sykick asked

Modbus TCP load output control?

Hi, I'm hoping someone can pint me in the right direction. I have my smartsolar and GX setup for Modbus TCP integration with Home Assistant, influxDB and Grafana. That part is all working well. However I'm trying to get the load output on the solar charger to turn on and off via home assistant, but cant find the correct Modbus register from the published spreadsheet to control load output? Is this possible or have I missed it somewhere?

I can get the charger to turn on an off, just not the load output function. Seem's strange that this would be left out.

Kind Regards

Marcus

MPPT SmartSolarModbus TCPmodifications
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

You are right, there are no registers related to the Load Output.
It could be useful to have though.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

sykick avatar image
sykick answered ·

That's a shame. I was just trying to remotely activate some lights connected to the load output on the mppt charger. I'll have to come up with a new plan.....

2 |3000

fenix avatar image
fenix answered ·

Same for me.. where is that feature Victron

This is a missing filed in the MODBUS-TCP

2 |3000

Related Resources

Modbus TCP Basics

Experiments, Modifications and Adaptions. Mods (Modifications) can be made to Victron Software by the Community. Please use the modifications space for enthusiasts who want to push what is possible, without official Victron Support.

MPPT product page

VictronConnect manual

PWM or MPPT

MPPT calculator