question

alzoo avatar image
alzoo asked

IP65 12/10 no amps while charging in bulk/absorption

Hi guys @Matthias Lange - DE

More or less new to this device, it works really well the last 9 charges on my aldi deep cycle 80Ah lead battery, however this time i'm getting no amps when trying to charge it. it stays a short period in bulk and goes to absorption before float quickly. (see history) A mutlimeter on the battery gives me no volts at all at 0.06V, I assume the battery is a beyond a charge?

I'm not certain if it's the charger that is not working.. even not connected to a battery it is in absorption mode with 14.4V and no amps. when I reset it to defaults, it goes back to to that phase. is that normal?

VictronConnect_report.zip

ChargeCycleHistory.zip

many thanks

Alzoo

batteryampsip65
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Faulty battery can give this behaviour. Most likely the battery.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

alzoo avatar image
alzoo answered ·

I'm guessing the best thing is to test on another type of lead battery?

2 |3000

alzoo avatar image
alzoo answered ·

hi, anyone able to answer my question please?

1 comment
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

The battery is dead. And it is not taking a charge if the voltage shoots up when the charger connects to it.

You can test the charge by putting it into power supply mode and checking its output.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic