question

mihair avatar image
mihair asked

Real power of Multiplus 48/5000/70-100

Hi guys,

Even the ambient temperature is around 16C my Multi never put more than 3500W rms out.

The max power drained from battery never exceeded -4000VA

The firmware version is 2634430

Is this normal?

Thanks,

Mihai

@mvader (Victron Energy Staff)

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·
4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mihair avatar image mihair commented ·

@mvader (Victron Energy Staff) : ESS

Upgrading to the latest firmware version (431) didn't solve the issue.

Max output power didn't exceed 3500W on a purely resistive load consisting on two parallel heaters (1000 and 2500 W respectively)

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ mihair commented ·

Hi, you need also an updated ESS Assistant that we released this morning. Please see other thread; for more issues; lets discuss them there, ok?

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/1836/multiplus-ii-maximum-discharge-of-1700-watts-per-m.html

0 Likes 0 ·
salva avatar image salva commented ·

Hi @mvader (Victron Energy Staff), I am in the same situation but my systems are not ESS. Any suggestion?

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ salva commented ·

Hi Salva, please make a separate question for this; and explain in a bit more detail. Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Answer to Salva: There are many factors that can limit the power output of an inverter.

You have touched on one of them, temperature, obviously not the issue in this case.

To narrow down the others it can help to get some more description about the behaviour you are seeing and the rest of the system.

For example, you might be limited by the current discharge capacity of the batteries.

The Multi is both temperature and current limited. If the batteries can't sustain the current output, they will drop their voltage. This has the effect of INCREASING the current draw, and potentially overloading the inverter at less than the rated POWER output.

If the system is connected to a Venus-device and VRM, we can begin to see some of these other factors that might be having an influence.

Normal behaviour for that inverter connected to a full bank of 1000Ah lead acid or 200Ah of Lithium at 20 degrees is that it will sustain a 5kVA or 4kW load as long as temperature and voltage are maintained.

2 comments
2 |3000

mihair avatar image mihair commented ·

Hi Guy,

Thanks for your answer. It was a software problem, solved by the latest ESS update (016F)

Th DC ripple in my system is under 0.1V

I have 48V/24kWh LiFePO4 battery (440Ah) connected to the Multi with 2x1m 70mm2 MFY cable for each pole, single 200A slow blow fuse and only one 200A/50mV shunt.

Thanks,

mihai

1 Like 1 ·
salva avatar image salva commented ·

Thanks Guy, this is good info. I will create a new post with more detailed information from the Venus and VRM.

0 Likes 0 ·