question

Csaba Köböl avatar image
Csaba Köböl asked

Multiplus-II AC1-in Generator - not charging (VRM)

Hi,

as cloudy days arrived with snow, I want to charge my 4 Pylontechs US3000C with juice from Gen. But no charging is happening. I know my charger isn't top-shelf its a budget one from OBI but I think I tried everything, and 10or7%-0% SOC is not good every day. I reduced my consumption to 120W on loads. :(

What I am doing wrong? Please advise

VC: vecon3.TXT

Edit: MII absolutely not changes into the charge mode. Gen output is normal 230V

Multiplus-IIGenerator
vecon3.txt (2.6 KiB)
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

djsmiley avatar image djsmiley commented ·

What kind of generator? Especially the cheap ones have very low output and can't handle high startups. Generally its not recommend to run over 50%, especially on those cheap gasoline units.

Sometimes it helps to run them with a base load, from idle to load is more often an issue than from 200-300W to 1000W load. Run a 300-500W (halogen) floodlight or small heater on the generator before plugging the MP in.
Also I would try lowering the charge rate: 70A at 50V is 3500W. In order for a generator to provide 3500W+ you need at least 10kVA and preferable diesel.

Also, enable dynamic current limiter.
https://www.victronenergy.com/live/multiplus_faq

My suggestions:
1. Enable dynamic current limiter
2. Lower the charging amps to max 50% of the generators rated capacity. For testing you might start at 10A and work your way up while testing.
3. Run a base load for 1-2min before plugging in the Multiplus.

0 Likes 0 ·
Csaba Köböl avatar image Csaba Köböl djsmiley commented ·
leifheit 3000W
0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Csaba Köböl

You may need to disable virtual switch.

I like some of the good suggestions from @DJSmiley , good points there.

Your input current limit is 12A @ 230v that is 2700W. Can your generator supply that?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Csaba Köböl avatar image Csaba Köböl commented ·
tried and it worked. thanks. actually with 11.5A.
1 Like 1 ·