question

bob1651 avatar image
bob1651 asked

Combined MPPT/Inverter with Battery Protect

Hello all, I have an Outback SPC3 Mppt/inverter 24v 3000watt with 4 x 100ah Lithium Batteries in my shed. All is well apart from occasionally the voltage drops too low and the batteries shut down via in-built bms. I want to prevent this using a victron battery protect however the manual says that the loads and charge should not be combined i.e. no reverse currents. My combined charge controller and inverter (which currently is connected directly to the batteries) can't therefore utilise a battery disconnect due to reverse currents. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance...

Battery Protect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@bob1651

Correct. It is unidirectional.

So you could discharge through it but not charge. An inverter is bi directional as it charges and discharges

You could use the relay on a BMV battery to switch off the inverter to prevent the lower discharge /bms sbutdown conditions.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.