question

kkalymni avatar image
kkalymni asked

Remote VEConfigure

I read the article about Remote VEConfigure https://www.victronenergy.com/live/vrm_portal:remote-veconfigure . I have two multipluses 3000/24/70-16 in parallel, when i press the download button, the downloaded file's type is *.rvms and it cannot be opened in VE.config or VE.Bus system configurator. I have the master's *.rvsc file saved locally but when I try to upload it remotely I get the error code:

"An error occured during the configuration process.

Error Message: 'File section not found'

Error Code: mk2vsc-55"

Ps. The master is a newer model from the slave so I downgraded the masters' firmware to 2612159 in order to be able to be paralleled with the older slave with the 1912159 firmware.

What do you suggest?

VEConfigure 3
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

You must download the file through the web interface and make the changes on that file. It is a specific and special remote configuration settings file.

The feature requires the current firmware version for all devices. I am sorry but you may not be able to take advantage of it due to your specific configuration.

9 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

patrickh avatar image patrickh commented ·

Hi

I have the same error code ("File section not found - MK2vsc-55") and I only have 1 inverter no parallel system.

Please confirm how to rectify - thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ patrickh commented ·

What is your VRM id?

And what version is the firmware running on your Multi?

0 Likes 0 ·
patrickh avatar image patrickh Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi Guy, thanks for the response.

Site VRM ID is 508cb1c3a620

Quattro firmware is 431

Thank you

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ patrickh commented ·

Hi @PatrickH

Can you please describe how you get this error?
Did you download the file, adjust it and upload again? or did you try to upload a renamed local file?

0 Likes 0 ·
patrickh avatar image patrickh Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi, yes I downloaded the file, did small adjustment and then tried to upload. I also tried to upload a pre existing file, this also didn't work

Thanks

Patrick

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ patrickh commented ·

is it ok if I try to do the same? (without adjustments), to see if I get the same error?

0 Likes 0 ·
patrickh avatar image patrickh Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi, yes please do try, and also see if it will load an adjustment,

if you can you can change Bulk Charge on Grid Tab, form 95% to 100%

Thanks

Patrick

0 Likes 0 ·

You succeeded in the end?

0 Likes 0 ·
patrickh avatar image patrickh commented ·

Sure please do, if you can, all I want to change is "State of charge when Bulk finished" I would like to set that to 100%

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic